Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Ransomed

The bible talks about how satan wants so steal, kill and destroy us. (John 10:10) 
When I think about this verse I’ve always had this subconscious thought that he can’t literaly kill me. Ridiculous right? I of all people should know this….but recently I began to ponder on the idea of this spiritual being putting a bounty on my head.  
My eyes have never been clearer to the meaning of this verse than now.  
Think about it this way.  
Satan doesn’t want me to succeed in anything…….ANYTHING! 
So it’s as if he puts a bounty on my head and all of hell is trying to capture me, to steal my joy, to destroy what God has done in my life….to yes even literally kill me.  
This being said, when I enter into battle with my daily prayer life. . . I’m allowing God to ransom me today. Yes I wrote that correctly: I’m allowing. Sometimes I think that I know best and I try to fight for myself. However, when I remember the scriptures I know God has taught me better.
I can’t rescue myself like God can.   
Psalms 111:9 says, “He has paid a full ransom for his people. He has guaranteed his covenant with them forever. What a holy, awe-inspiring name he has!”
When a kidnapper asks for ransom they are asking because they have taken something that does not belong to them.
 
 
Mom, dad, sons, daughters……you were always meant to be free. And don’t you dare think for one second that God never intended you to be free. Because that’s a lie. You have power and authority over things that go on around you that you cannot see.
Use it. 
John 8:36 says, “So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free.”
 
Your ransom has already been paid, live in that freedom today.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment