Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Can I be transparent for a moment?

Psalm 139:23-24 (KJV) – Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Can I be honest for a minute?

Being a parent is so stinkin' tough! Sometimes I wonder, God are you sure you picked the right person to do this?

There was an incident this week when my darling little one got very upset. Mind you it was all because she was quite comfy in her little seat. So she decided she wanted to go on strike so she wrapped herself in her blanket and sit on the car floorboard.

I asked nicely lets get inside so we can get dinner going, wash dishes and get to church early...or at that point at least on time!

It didn't work. So I used ultimatums....well if you don't no this and no that.

That didn't work either. The time was 6:10PM, church started at 7 and I was getting so incredibly frustrated knowing that I had to get dinner done or it meant we would be eating at 9PM that night. So with that in mind I said fine just stay in the car! I then opened the door to the house and kindly said to my husband please go get her out of the car.

Definitely not my proudest mommy moment.

How many times do we get comfortable where we are with a full understanding that we are suppose to take a step out of the "car."

God gives us subtle hints of where He wants us to go next, gently leading us to his plans. But we resist him. We think no sir God my way is way better!!

We both in our own ways through fits that Wednesday evening. But in the back of my mind the scripture James 1:19-20 kept coming to mind.

19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,20 because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires
 
Parents.....moms..........keep scriptures buried in your heart. I'm not going to say that you won't ever feel angry, upset, hurt or saddened by your children. I will say that when you have scripture written on your heart God will refresh your spirit with them time and time again.

She and my husband came inside, we said our sorry's and our we forgive you's. We ended up having spaghetti that's cooks in a matter of minutes for dinner that night. And we actually got to church 5 minutes early.

1 Peter 1:16 Since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment